How to apply for benefits – Your Texas Benefits
Are you facing a crisis or emergency? Do you need help with food, housing or other basic needs? Your Texas Benefits is an online system to apply for benefits and find support services such as:
- SNAP Food Benefits (food stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Cash Help for Families
- Medicaid for Pregnant Women
- Medicaid for the Elderly and People with Disabilities
- Medicare Savings Program
- Medicaid Buy-In Program
- Children’s Health Insurance Plan – CHIP
- CHIP Prenatal
Family Houston is a certified community partner of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Our case managers provide free, personalized help to apply for and manage your benefits through Your Texas Benefits. Call 713-861-4849 to make an appointment today!
WHAT TO BRING
If you are applying for any benefit program, bringing copies of these documents may be helpful:
- Proof of residency
- Proof of income (pay stubs from employer, Social Security award letters, workers compensation or unemployment benefits)
- Immigration status or legal representation documents (if applicable)
You only need items that apply to your situation. View the Your Texas Benefits Form (for Spanish, click here) for more details about documents needed for specific benefits such as CHIP and TANF. For people with disabilities and those 65 or older, please view this form instead (for Spanish, click here).
If you have trouble getting certain documents, Family Houston may be able to help. Call us to make an appointment!