THRIVE Professional Development Resources
THRIVE Connection provides mental health counseling and individualized case management to connect clients with United Way THRIVE resources. THRIVE Connection also provides presentations to United Way THRIVE partner staff and their clients to help support the work of the collaborative.
Clients and Staff
- THRIVE Orientation – Orientations provide clients and staff with the: who, what, when, where, and how of THRIVE services. It acts as an introduction to let staff and clients know what resources and opportunities are available and how to access them.
- Dealing with Difficult People – Working with difficult people can be stressful and create a toxic work environment. Learn skills to work effectively with these people and in tough situations.
- Self-Care 101 – How can I have self-care when I am too busy to think? This workshop helps individuals identify areas they may be struggling with and tools for implementing self-care in their daily routine.
- Tic-Toc: Making the Most of Your Time – Participants are challenged to identify their priorities and will learn strategies for scheduling, goal planning, and how to say “NO!”
- Worry, Worry, Worry: What to Do When it Gets to be Too Much – This workshop will educate participants about stresses of everyday life. Coping strategies, ways to stay calm, and mental health resources will be covered.
- Working on the Front Line – This comprehensive training includes topics such as: appropriate dress, cell phone etiquette, customer service, dealing with difficult clients, and more! It’s a perfect resource for your own staff or for clients who are interested in working on the front lines.
- Social Media and Branding – When employers search you on the internet, what do they find? How do you use social media to your advantage in the job search?
- Mental Health Red Flags – Participants will learn how to identify mental health red flags, how to respectfully discuss these issues, and how to locate professional help.
- Power of Language – How we talk can influence the way we feel, act and how other perceive us. Learn the tricks to communicate more effectively and the power of the words we use.
- Emotional Intelligence – What is it and how to use it when working with clients. Growing and developing empathy.
- Motivational Interviewing – How to engage clients, elicit change talk, and evoke motivation to make positive changes from the client.
- Using the Coaching Method – What the Coaching Method is and how to effectively use it to help client make change.
Coaching Refresher – For staff that have been through a coaching training.