LEADERSHIP QUALITIES PARENTS NEED
Like successful leadership, successful parenting is all about growing and inspiring others. To develop positive family relationships and build children’s self-esteem, parents need leadership qualities.
Good parent leaders:
1. have integrity and honesty.
2. establish and maintain well-defined boundaries, guidelines, and expectations.
3. deal with others patiently, justly, consistently, and fairly.
4. know how and when to use humor.
5. are open to new ideas and have the ability to listen and think differently.
6. provide positive reinforcement and help others feel good about themselves.
7. take personal responsibility for bad decisions, mistakes, and failures.
If you don’t feel like you have all of these leadership qualities – don’t worry, you’re not alone! Begin by practicing self-compassion.
We don’t need to have all the answers, but being able to accept we are not perfect and reach out for help when we need it goes a long way. Raising a child is not something we can do on our own. Asking for help makes us stronger and better leaders. This also provides a good example for the children.