Family Houston is seeking a passionate and professional Operations Intern to support current and emerging agency needs related to facilities and IT. Well-suited candidates should have an interest in the non-profit sector and process skills in logistics, management, technology and maintenance. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience in the field of operations. The Operations Intern will assist the Facilities Department in all areas related to IT and campus operations with key responsibilities including:
- Monitor and report campus facility needs
- Provide supervision and assistance to vendors
- Support the transition of data into new MyEvolve database
- Assist with routine or scheduled building inspections
- Maintain accurate records
- Other duties as assigned
The Operations Intern is expected to establish and maintain a consistent schedule in accordance with their program requirements and Family Houston needs. Most interns at Family Houston complete 8-15 internship hours per week with a minimum commitment of 1 semester or approx. 3 months. Family Houston business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm but the Operations Intern may be asked to attend events outside standard hours including evenings and weekends.
- A desire to serve others and contribute to the mission of Family Houston, to create a stronger community for tomorrow by helping individuals and families meet the challenges they face today.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduates and professionals who have studied business administration, operations, IT Systems, or related, preferred.
- Functional proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and take initiative; must be self-motivated and can independently manage time, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
Candidates for this position will complete the Family Houston Intern Application and may be asked to submit a resume. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the role. Family Houston interns will be required to attend volunteer orientation and pass a back-ground check. Internships at Family Houston are unpaid, but interns benefit from the opportunity to learn from and train with skilled professionals in the field which they are entering.