Director of Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for collaborating with Family Houston leadership and Board of Directors to create and execute the organization’s marketing and communications strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages relationships with local and national media outlets and reporters
- Develops and positions Family Houston staff to represent the organization
- Increases and tracks earned media impressions
- Expands Family Houston’s social media reach and web traffic
- Creates and executes strategic marketing campaigns and deliverables to support fundraising and events with a goal to deepen engagement with donors, potential donors, clients, volunteers, community partners, and other stakeholders
- Produces, edits, and disseminates compelling written and graphic materials
- Works with Family Houston staff to assure all branding guidelines are followed
- Develops and manages the organization’s marketing budget
- Assists with other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in communications, community outreach, marketing and/or journalism.
- Experience working collaboratively in a multi-task environment with a variety of internal and external constituent groups.
- Proficiency using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Publisher.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media with experience in Drupal and/or WordPress website platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills, including presentation of concepts verbally.
- Must be organized, creative, professional, flexible, self-starter with the ability to accomplish projects independently and manage a variety of key communications initiatives concurrently.
Interested candidates may send their resume to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org