Director of Grants
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Grants will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities and procurement of grants by accessing available federal, state, or organizational grants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observe local and national funding trends, and communicate those trends to Family Houston leadership
- Partner with Family Houston leadership to develop innovative initiatives that further the organization’s mission and align with funding trends
- Collaborate with Family Houston leadership to develop grant strategies that further organization and program goals
- Work with Chief Development Officer in developing grant revenue goals that fit with overall fundraising plan
- Steer efforts to achieve grant revenue goals and adjust plans according to shifting needs and opportunities
- Identify, Secure, and Retain Funding
- Research and identify prospective grant funding
- Cultivate relationships with new and current funders
- Execute grant strategies by working cross-departmentally to develop narratives, budgets, benchmarks, and outcomes for proposals and reports
- Manage grant proposal and reporting process
- Maintain records of solicitations and applications
- Develop written content that is original, compelling, clear, and concise
- Have a flexible writing style and voice
- Provide additional support by writing and editing other communications pieces, as needed
Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in English, Communications, or a related field.
- Three to five years of grant writing experience required with demonstrated success in persuasive proposals.
- Possess exceptional writing skills and mastery of spelling and grammar
- Possess a strong understanding of and comfort with working with budgets for grant proposals
- Pay close attention to detail
- Skilled with various software packages including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to manages simultaneous assignments and deadlines
Qualified applicants can send their resume with a cover letter to human resources.