Case Management Internship
Family Houston is seeking a passionate and dedicated Case Management Intern to support current and emerging needs of the agency’s case management program and staff. Interns will support Family Houston’s basic needs initiatives by providing support to the Case Management department. In doing so the Case Management intern will be able to have a direct impact on clients in need. The Case Management Intern will assist staff Case Managers in accomplishing their daily tasks and offering thorough care to the Family Houston clients they see. key responsibilities include:
- Confirming appointments with scheduled clients via phone or e-mail
- Follows up with clients post-meeting to identify additional needs
- Assists with data entry and documentation support as needed
- Assists clients in completing necessary paperwork
- Research and identify community resources beneficial of Family Houston clients
- Promotes Family Houston services by attending community fairs to recruit clients and volunteers
- Participates in meetings and trainings when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Case Management Intern is expected to establish and maintain a consistent schedule in accordance with their program requirements and Family Houston needs. Most interns at Family Houston complete 8-15 internship hours per week with a minimum commitment of 1 semester or appox. 3 months.
Current undergraduate students pursuing studies in social work, psychology, social services or similar field. Recent graduates interested in obtaining additional experience are also encouraged to apply. *please note that a supervision by a licensed professional (LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, etc.) is not available for this role. Internships requiring this credentialing will not be accepted.
- A desire to serve others and contribute to the mission of Family Houston, to create a stronger community for tomorrow by helping individuals and families meet the challenges they face today.
- Ability and willingness to commit to scheduled shifts
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred; fluency in English, written and verbal, is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills is required.
- Requires functional proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Candidates for this position will complete the Family Houston Intern Application and may be asked to submit a resume. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the role. Family Houston interns will be required to attend volunteer orientation and pass a back-ground check and may be required to pass a TB test. Internships at Family Houston are unpaid, but interns benefit from the opportunity to learn from and train with skilled professionals in the field which they are entering.