Manager of Communications:
Family Houston is seeking a full-time Manager of Communications.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing the messaging and communications strategy, and messaging campaign to increase public awareness and media coverage for Family Houston and its programs. Manage relationships with local and national media outlets and reporters; increase and track earned media impressions, social media reach, and web traffic. Produce, edit, and disseminate compelling written and graphic materials, including: fact sheets, press releases, handouts, annual report, monthly e-Facts and quarterly newsletter. Maintains website and all social media platforms. Provide some administrative support in coordination with staff and other duties as assigned. This position reports the Vice President of Development, and will assist with goals in the Fundraising Strategic Plan related to messaging, philanthropy, and donor outreach.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in communications, community outreach, marketing and/or journalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills including presentation of concepts verbally.
- Must be organized, creative, professional, flexible, self-starter with the ability to accomplish projects independently and manage a variety of key communications initiatives concurrently.
- Experience working collaboratively in a multi-task environment with a variety of internal and external constituent groups.
- Proficiency using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Publisher.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media with experience in Drupal and/or WordPress website platforms.
Qualified interested applicants may send their resume to: Family Houston; 4625 Lillian St.; Houston, Texas 77007; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org