Family Houston is seeking a full-time Development Associate to work in our Development department at our Houston/Heights Office location.
This position is responsible for assisting with grant writing and reports, preparing and managing direct mail pieces, assisting with the stewardship process, and will plan and manage special events and support the events’ chairs and their planning committees. Act as the liaison for the Young Professionals Group (YPG), and provide support editing our website and social media accounts related to events and the YPG. In addition, this position aids in the preparation of development and marketing communications committees, and attend meetings related to all duties mentioned and board meetings on occasion with other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential and must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be organized, creative, professional, flexible, self-starter and energetic with the ability to accomplish projects independently.
- Experience working collaboratively in a multi-task team environment with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Qualified interested applicants may send their resume to: Family Houston; 4625 Lillian St.; Houston, Texas 77007; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org