Family Houston is seeking a full-time Director of Individual Giving.
The Director of Individual Giving will strategically engage new and retained donors giving at the $5,000 and above level. This mission-critical role serves at the key steward for large donations, creating meaningful interactions including gift solicitation and stewardship. The Director will identify potential major gifts, establish a strong pipeline to the major gift program, and manage the major gift program. This position will oversee donor events strategy across multiple markets by creating event strategy, strategically deploying resources, identifying target donor segments, working collaboratively with agency leadership and the agency Board.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University is required.
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience with individuals and track record for closing gifts and articulating a case for giving. Knowledge, expertise, and experience in the fields of social work, case management, financial education, mentoring, and other human services is required.
- Experience in qualifying donors through donor discovery and proven success with straightforward requests is required.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written skills, time management, event management, and collaboration skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to ask for gifts at a mid-level range and strategically upgrade gifts to major-level.
- Proven ability to identify new prospects, build and maintain strong relationships with donors and develop strategies for cultivation and stewardship.
- Identify, assess and analyze specific areas of donor interest and level of potential engagement.
- Strong writing skills including proposal and report writing, as well as internal and external communications with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry standards, current trends, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently while supporting the goals and initiatives of a collaborative fundraising team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Database management, knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM systems is a plus.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
- Professional License/Certification: CFRE a plus.
Qualified interested applicants may send their resume to: Family Houston; 4625 Lillian St., Houston, Texas 77007 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org