Bilingual Case Manager:
Family Houston is seeking a full-time bilingual Case Manager to work in our Richmond office.
This position is responsible for the provision of quality, comprehensive and well-integrated case management services to diverse populations, such as elderly, families in financial crisis, individuals and their family members, undocumented, and individuals at-risk for homelessness.
Responsibilities include the provision of both direct service (e.g., face to face or telephone encounters with clients – in-home or otherwise, client’s service providers, client’s significant others and/or family members) an average of 4 hours per day or 20 hours per week, as well as indirect services (including, outreach, record documentation, management of client caseload, travel, client follow-up and other duties as assigned). Case Manager will be responsible for maintaining a minimum caseload as determined by the position’s funding source. All case managers will be cross-trained and required to work as a team. Must maintain knowledge about and adhere to agency policies and procedures, as well as compliance with funding source’s requirements and standards. Must develop knowledge and remain abreast of community resources. Must have excellent time management skills and have the ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social or behavioral sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years paid work experience within the field of social services.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with fluency in verbal and written Spanish is required.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Must be knowledgeable about community resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and data management systems.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Qualified interested applicants may send their resume to: Family Houston; 4625 Lillian St.; Houston, Texas 77007; or Email: email@example.com